Town Hall

Marker 13.

The town was built during 1939-1941. The building is covered with marble from Greenland and the attic is clad with copper.

When the city council began in 1842, the chairman of the parish council stored all municipal correspondence and bankrolls at home. In 1883 Lyngby got a city office, as the secretary of the Parish Council provided his office as a municipal office. In 1899 Lyngby Municipality (from 1909 Lyngby-Taarbæk) listed in a "Municipal Building" in Åstræde, next to the former poor house ("Drewsens Minde", Gammel Lundtoftevej 8). These buildings housed the municipal administration until 1941, when the Town Hall was opened.


Marker 14

In Danish