The two red wings with the bay-windows were built in 1916 as Denmark’s first local authority old-people’s homes. The houses on the other side of Høstvej (Harvest Road) are from 1927. The flats (apartments) were very small with only one room and a kitchen; but they had running water, electric light and internal toilets in the corridor. The architect was Johannes Magdahl Nielsen, who designed many houses in Lyngby-Taarbæk and almost all the houses in Dyrehaven (Deer Park). The building work was initiated by Johan Wilmann, chairman of the parish council, which is why his statue stands here.