Løkken (The Enclosure)

Marker 4.

Lyngby
The former country house "Løkken" (The Enclosure) with its elaborate gate (7 Asylgade) was built in 1794 as bleachmaster John Lawrence’s house. He had formerly been manager of Bleggaarden (Bleach Works) but left to set up his own bleach works on his property bordering Bleggaarden. His bleach works were down on Mølleåen (the Mill Stream) at the other end of his property from Bleggaarden. The buildings of the bleach works later became a laundry for the inhabitants of Sorgenfri Palace and are preserved today under the name Dronningens Vaskeri (the Queen’s Laundry).

Read more...

Marker 5

In Danish