The large yellow four-sided building is the best-preserved farm building in Bondebyen (Farmerstown). Much of the existing buildings were first built in 1883, but there has been a rectangular farm building on the site since at least 1764, the date of the oldest map of Lyngby, which shows it. If the gate is not locked, it is permitted to go into the yard and dream about the past. Outside the gate was an open area with the village pond, where the folk of the village met. Outside the other gate towards the east were open fields all the way to Dyrehaven (Deer Park).