The present middle of Lyngby is the crossroads where Lyngby Hovedgade (High Street) crosses Klampenborgvej/Torvet (the Town Square). The houses on Torvet were built in 1929 in nuveau-classical style. The rounded building containing Danske Bank was built during 1944-1946 and in 1959-1964 in a late functionalist style. The building was meant to resemble Rådhuset (the Town Hall) but its facade is concrete instead of marble and the roof of painted tar paper instead of copper (see Location 13). Magasin du Nord’s building is from 1961 and is in international modernist style. On the building containing Nordea Bank is a plaque commemorating the installation of Denmark’s first street lighting.