Frieboes Hvile (Frieboe's Retreat)

Marker 20.

Lyngby
Frieboeshvile was built between 1756-58 by the Copenhagen pharmacist August GŁnther. His initials AG are still on the facade above the door.

The house was built in the rococo style. The architecture is however, also characterized by symmetry around a central axis.

Until 1846 the house and garden was called "The Wilderness". But in 1782 it was bought by the merchant Andreas Bodenhoff. When his daughter Gjertrud Cathrine in 1795 married Captain Frederick Caspar Conrad Frieboe, the country house was part of her dowry and got the name Frieboes Retreat.

Read more...

Marker 1

In Danish