The half-timbered house was built in 1808 in the same style as many other houses in Bondebyen (Farmerstown). The dimensions of the house and the exclusive door shows that it was originally a country house whose owner lived in Copenhagen during the winter. Bootee-Cathrine was one of the crowd who hung about mad King Christian the Seventh. She died in 1805, so she had nothing to do with the existing house. The house was formerly also known as ”The Thatcher’s House”. Note also the little yellow semi-detached half-timbered houses diagonally opposite.